Kentucky Business One Stop (One Stop), a simple online registration system, is the quickest and easiest way to register your business with the Kentucky Department of Revenue (DOR) and Kentucky Secretary of State. You can register your business in about 30 minutes and you receive your tax account numbers almost instantly. You will be notified by email that your application has been received and is being processed. Once your business is registered with One Stop, you will have online access to manage and update your business information anytime you want, including the ability to e-file certain tax returns, print permits, and apply for other tax accounts, as needed. Additionally, all correspondence from DOR will be available electronically through the One Stop Message Center for businesses that are registered in the online system.
You will need the information listed below to complete your One Stop Registration. If you need to request your Commonwealth Business Identifier (CBI) or your Security Token,
please click here for instructions.
- Business Structure Type
- Commonwealth Business Identifier (CBI)
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)*
*Not required for sole proprietorships.
- Legal Business Name
- Mailing Address
- Physical Location Address
- Responsible Party Information (Including SSNs and/or FEINs)
- Security Token
- Taxing Election
To complete your tax registration for your business via One Stop, please follow these directions.
- Registration does not need to be completed all at one time; you can save and close if you need to stop.
- Go to Onestop.ky.gov.
- Click on Begin your registration or One Stop Business Services.
- If you don't already have a One Stop account, please create one now.
- Once an account is created and activated, log in.
- After you have created your account, please link your business to your Dashboard following the onscreen prompts.
- Once your business is linked,
add a Sales and Use Tax Account for your business
with this tutorial.
- You can use the same "Apply for Additional Tax Accounts" process in the tutorial to add other additional tax accounts to your business, if needed.
- This process can take from 10-15 minutes to complete.
- For more information on using One Stop, please see the Kentucky Business One Stop Registration User Guide.
If you do not have access to Kentucky Business One Stop, you can still apply for registration on a paper form: Form 10A100, Kentucky Tax Registration Application
. If you file a paper application it will take longer for DOR to process your application (approximately 5-10 business days). You also will need to complete a second application if you wish to register for online filing of returns.
- Once you have completed sections A, B, C & E you will find DOR contact information on page 9.
- Applications with extensive amounts of missing information will be returned by mail for further completion.