Skip to main navigation Skip to main content


​Yes, estimated tax payments are required to cover this potential liability. However, as a general rule, estimated tax payments are not required if you owe less than $500 in tax.

​Yes, you are still entitled to exclude more than $31,110 if you are retired from the federal government, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or a Kentucky local government and a portion of your pension income is attributable to federal or Kentucky government service performed prior to January 1, 1998.  You are required to complete Form 740, Schedule P if you meet this criteria and your pension exceeds $31,110.

​No, you can no longer deduct health insurance premiums paid for tax year 2018 and thereafter.

​No, Kentucky no longer allows gambling losses to the extent of gambling winnings for tax year 2018 and thereafter.  If you are reporting gambling income you received from another state, you may be allowed a credit for tax paid to another state.

​No, Kentucky no longer allows a deduction for unreimbursed employee expenses for tax year 2018 and thereafter.

​Yes, Kentucky conforms to the federal changes made to section 529 savings accounts.  For more information, see 2018 Kentucky House Bill 434.

Have Some Questions?

We can help! Click anywhere on this banner to be taken to our contact form. Our support team will get back to you within two business days.