Kentucky Business One Stop (One Stop), a simple online registration system, is the quickest and easiest way to register your business with the Kentucky Department of Revenue (DOR) and Kentucky Secretary of State. You can register your business in about 30 minutes and you receive your tax account numbers almost instantly. You will be notified by email that your application has been received and is being processed. Once your business is registered with One Stop, you will have online access to manage and update your business information anytime you want, including the ability to e-file certain tax returns, print permits, and apply for other tax accounts, as needed. Additionally, all correspondence from DOR will be available electronically through the One Stop Message Center for businesses that are registered in the online system.
Please have the following information ready when you begin your One Stop Registration:
- Business Structure Type
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)*
*Not required for sole proprietorships.
- Legal Business Name
- Mailing Address
- Physical Location Address
- Responsible Party Information (Including SSNs and/or FEINs)
- Taxing Election
To complete your tax registration for your business via One Stop, please follow these directions:
- Registration does not need to be completed all at one time; you can save and close if you need to stop.
- Go to Onestop.ky.gov.
- Click on Begin your registration or One Stop Business Services.
- If you don't already have a One Stop account, you will need to create one by following the onscreen prompts.
- Once an account is created and activated, log in.
- Click on Register a new business.
- This takes you to the Registration Services Page – Select the "Department of Revenue Tax Registration" and complete the application. The One Stop 'Register My Business' User Guide should help you navigate the process more easily.
- Once your business is registered, your business name will appear on your Dashboard where you can select it and view the tax account information.
- This process can take from 20-40 minutes to complete.
- For more information on using One Stop, please see the Kentucky Business One Stop Registration User Guide.
If you do not have access to Kentucky Business One Stop, you can still apply for registration on a paper form: Form 10A100, Kentucky Tax Registration Application
. If you file a paper application it will take longer for DOR to process your application (approximately 5-10 business days). You also will need to complete a second application if you wish to register for online filing of returns.
- Once you have completed sections A, B, C & E you will find DOR contact information on page 9.
- Applications with extensive amounts of missing information will be returned by mail for further completion.